Talk

Advanced search

What's best? Patio or French or Sliding doors?

(3 Posts)
ilikeyoursleeves Tue 12-Jan-10 20:30:10

We are going to get new doors installed where our kitchen windows currently are. Not sure what to go for though? The space is about 1.5 metres wide.

What's best these days? And does anyone know if they are different in £££?

Oh and if you got them installed where windows are (ie had to have the wall under a window knocked away) how much was it?

Thanks

cathbath Fri 14-Jan-11 18:46:03

We are thinking of going for sliding patio doors in our lounge (we will have a 2.5m space). We think sliding doors would be neater as they wouldn't stick out into the garden when opened. But, the downside is you can only slide one door over the other.

I think with a space of 1.5m I would consider French doors, so you could open out the whole space. I think they may be cheaper than sliding doors too (judging from the Wickes website at least).

We are having a window made into a door too. We have had a quote for £400+VAT, but that included actually bricking up the sides to make the space narrower (it is currently 3.2m), and replastering the lintel. So just taking away the bricks from underneath the window would probably be quite a cheap job.

cathbath Fri 14-Jan-11 18:47:57

D'oh, I've just realised this thread was started a year ago... Hope you've got the doors sorted by now!

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: