Talk

Advanced search

How close to asking price would you offer at the moment...

(13 Posts)
DwayneDibbley Tue 10-Nov-09 14:46:46

Message withdrawn

DwayneDibbley Tue 10-Nov-09 14:48:31

Message withdrawn

MaryBS Tue 10-Nov-09 14:53:54

Companies often buy houses for their employees to live in - it can be cheaper than renting.

For example, the company DH works for builds and extends supermarkets. They have been known to buy a house in the area, and put the workers up at the house, while the store is built, then sell the house afterwards.

notamumyetbutoneday Tue 10-Nov-09 15:03:36

Could 'being sold by a company' also mean it might be a repossession? In which case I think you could offer quite low as they will just want to sell it to receover some of the money.

MamaG Tue 10-Nov-09 15:05:15

I offered 5% under asking price in Yorkshire and was accepted

Owls Tue 10-Nov-09 15:10:03

Could also be a relocation company. If it is a repossession then the bank/building society have a legal obligation to obtain the best possible price so in fact they're not always the bargains people think they're going to be.

Do you know how much other interest there is in it?

Fizzylemonade Tue 10-Nov-09 15:30:34

We just accepted 5% under the asking price and we are in West Yorkshire. Sold to cash buyer in rented.

I didn't sell to MamaG though grin She will be a bit further North than me.

We were happy to come down in price for cash buyer, no chain. My house had been on the market 2 months.

displayuntilbestbefore Tue 10-Nov-09 15:32:06

sold by a company might also mean a building company. If the previous owner has bought one of their newbuilds, the company may have done a part-ex and are now selling the house.

DwayneDibbley Tue 10-Nov-09 18:22:36

Message withdrawn

Rebeccaj Tue 10-Nov-09 19:02:56

Sounds like a repossession - we saw one when looking, at all the plumbing had that tape on it, everything that could be removed had been, and they had no knowledge about any works and wouldn't have cos they couldn't rely on the old owner to tell them anything!

MortaIWombat Tue 10-Nov-09 20:20:44

We are in the process of trying to buy a repossession; it is a complete nightmare. Run like the wind. grin

Lexilicious Tue 10-Nov-09 21:45:06

seconded re repossession, in fact I'd say walk away from one that is a repo risk. I went through the whole process up to exchange earlier this year andthen it transpired that there was a lot more debt on the house than anyone had thought, and the mortgage companies then all started blocking the sale for reasons best known to themselves.

DwayneDibbley Wed 11-Nov-09 11:11:05

Message withdrawn

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now