Talk

Advanced search

Blue tac marks

(4 Posts)
rebl Sun 08-Nov-09 13:02:55

I've just taken all the kids art work off the wall thats its displayed on ready for moving and the whole wall is covered in blu tac marks, like greasy stains. I've scrubbed with hot soapy water but its not had any effect at all. We want to leave the house in a good condition and I wouldn't describe this wall as a good condition. We don't have the paint any longer and can't even remeber what it was. Plus I don't have time to paint now. What should I do? I need to get these marks off.

Lilymaid Sun 08-Nov-09 13:57:06

Have you tried dabbing with lighter fuel. Recommended by Kim & Aggie:
. Q How can I remove the oily stains left on a wall by Blu-Tack?

Aggie says: 'The makers suggest you use lighter fuel, but with extreme caution. Dip a tiny amount on cotton wool and dab, working around the oily area. The lighter fuel rehydrates the Blu-Tack, so it can be removed. Any residue can be rubbed off with your finger.'

rebl Sun 08-Nov-09 16:32:49

Thanks, will give that a go but will have to be tomorrow now as shops are shut and I don't have any lighter fuel in the house.

billynomatesmum Thu 12-Nov-09 13:26:33

You can buy stain block spray from DIY stores but it will need repainting to the cover up the stain block.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now