Talk

Advanced search

My first ever portential buyer is coming for a viewing inone hour. Any tips?

(7 Posts)
MarkStretch Sat 07-Nov-09 13:03:17

Have cleaned the house from top to bottom, have banned children from getting any toys out and told them to sit very still grin

I have never had a viewer come round before, what do I do? Say? What should I not say?

Help?!

MarkStretch Sat 07-Nov-09 13:04:18

Oh god excuse the typo in the title. And the lack of spaces. DS wiped a sandwich on the laptop yesterday and it seems to have a bit lodged under the space bar.

purepurple Sat 07-Nov-09 13:08:46

Don't panic.
Just be pleasant but not too overpowering.
I was once trapped in a house with a woman who told us her entire life history. she was stood between us and the door. Nightmare.

Tips
Put on all your lights.
Let them go into rooms by themselves. It will seem cramped if everyone is in the bathroom.
Do upstairs first, so you don't tramp mud up your stairs.
Turn off the tv.
Sounds obvious, but don't point out faults/problems.
If they ask why you are selling, don't tell them the house is too small. Make it up if you have to, or a general 'time to move on'
Good luck!
Oh, and offer them the change to have a wander around by themselves.

MarkStretch Sat 07-Nov-09 13:15:59

It's very sunny, should I still put lights on?

I have put the heating on so it's nice and warm.

purepurple Sat 07-Nov-09 13:17:53

The more lights the better grin

MarkStretch Sat 07-Nov-09 13:19:08

Ok thank you.

I am feeling a bit nervous. Even though I want to sell the house I don't want anyone to think my home is awful!

AnnieBeansMum Sat 07-Nov-09 13:19:48

Make up some really quick bread dough (you don't have to eat it - just flour, water, salt, oil and sugar) and bang it in the oven. It makes the house smell lovely and homely.

It's naff, but it works!! grin

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now