Talk

Advanced search

What colour is your living room?

(13 Posts)
truthisinthewine Fri 30-Oct-09 13:11:07

I need some inspiration please. We moved into this house 6 months ago and initially painted everywhere magnolia just to smarten it up a bit. But it looks awful, completely souless and cold, I used cheap paint as had so many other things to pay for at the time but the walls have scuffed easily and DD2 has drawn on one of them and as it's cheap paint I can't get the crayon off.

It needs something doing to it but I have no idea what, it's a rectangular room roughly 3.5 x 4.5 metres so not very big, north facing so nothing that will make it feel cold. We also have a white dado rail which goes round the centre of all the walls, not sure how it has been fixed on so don't want to cause loads of damage taking it off so will probably have to stay.

So would be great to hear what other people have done to their rooms, or any ideas of what I can do with mine.

ben5 Fri 30-Oct-09 13:13:17

we had egg shell lue in our living room. red in the dining roomm and very light green in the bedroom

Geocentric Fri 30-Oct-09 13:15:18

Mine's nuts (it was my parent's house - they painted it) but it actually works and when the sun shines its lovely. I have (in very large rectangular room): one terracotta coloured wall (with brick fireplace), two bright yellow walls and back wall covered in moss-green bookshelves.

boodeniites Fri 30-Oct-09 13:15:54

Dulux Trade Brilliant White Matt emulsion on 3 walls and gorgeous (i think) cole and sons woods wallpaper in black and white on fireplace wall i have tried every colour combination and this is my favoutire

Lizzylou Fri 30-Oct-09 13:16:10

WE have recently painted our magnolia newbuild lounge and dining room a white by Dulux (light and space range), can't remember the name of it.
It has brightened up the room and looks really lovely and bigger too, we're realy pleased with it.

cremolatorium Fri 30-Oct-09 13:20:09

crown armagnac on one wall the rest is off white with oak floor.

EldonAve Fri 30-Oct-09 13:22:06

we have dulux orchid white which is like buttermilk

teameric Fri 30-Oct-09 13:27:28

mine is a a light yellow gold colour but I'm redecorating it next week in this colour

MrsJohnDeere Fri 30-Oct-09 13:30:06

dulux natural calico (warmish off white)

Sagacious Fri 30-Oct-09 13:45:19

A sort of greyish mushroom
Dark brown leather sofas
Black walnut floorboards

somewhathorrified Fri 30-Oct-09 13:54:38

mines kinda light lilac, although it's a south facing room therefore can take the bluish tones. If it was northfacing I'd have gone with a chocolate/coffee colour.

RustyBat Fri 30-Oct-09 13:59:45

Mine has cream walls with lots of rust and brown I really need to do something about the brick fireplace, but I don't know what...

VerityBrulee Sat 31-Oct-09 10:09:04

White, and I don't go in for all these designer variations of white, I mean brilliant white.

Save the money from the expensive paint on good lights as they will transform your room.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now