Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

velux vs own brand

(7 Posts)
PavlovtheWitchesCat Thu 29-Oct-09 09:16:08

What are your thoughts...if i get an own brand designed to fit velux i can save £50 for the cost of 3 windows. Which is a lot right now. But not if the blinds are rubbish. And I have heard that i should only buy velux brand for velux windows.

So, should i pay the extra and get velux (blackout)?

Mybox Thu 29-Oct-09 09:18:30

Have velux windows with a double blind - it has a light blind and then a cream coloured blackout blind. Works really well.

stakethroughtheheartofgold Thu 29-Oct-09 09:28:30

have you found the cheapest velux you can get? when i bought ours blinds 2 go were cheapest, but may not be any more. i have the duo blinds like mybox, they're gorgeous and since we spend a lot of time in the room (bedroom) i'm more than happy we spent the extra to get them.

PavlovtheWitchesCat Fri 30-Oct-09 07:54:42

i had found some through a company called Itzala but they seem to have stopped doing them only do their own brand now...they were a bit cheaper than blinds2go.

I just think its still expensive, £200 for blinds for one child's room shock grin oh well should have realised. I did now, but guess the reality is harder to take than the idea of it months ago!

CybilLiberty Fri 30-Oct-09 08:02:17

I bought my veluxes from an ebay shop and they were cheaper than average. I wonder if their guarantees might be better than other brands?

CybilLiberty Fri 30-Oct-09 08:03:13

Sorry, rewind. it was BLINDS I bought on ebay

<thunk>

stakethroughtheheartofgold Fri 30-Oct-09 12:23:44

lol you think that's pricey i'm eyeing up the digitally printed rollers you can get now - £350 shock. although since there's 2 of them sharing in there it works out at slightly less than yours per head

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now