Talk

Advanced search

Getting dryed on grout off floor tiles

(6 Posts)
lukeysmummy Tue 27-Oct-09 14:47:53

any help please bought some remover stuff from wickes and its crap its now taken me nearly 2 days to do about 15 tiles and i have an area of 20 sq metres

any tips someone pretty please

cece Tue 27-Oct-09 14:52:45

Oh was just going to come on and say Wickes sell some stuff. I am yet to try it... Still awaiting my attention!

lukeysmummy Tue 27-Oct-09 15:47:43

it doesnt work nail varnish seems too but have now run out

somewhathorrified Tue 27-Oct-09 17:36:27

I use a scourer (you know the green bit on a sponge) on wall tile grout, never tried on floor tiles tho.

CybilWrites Tue 27-Oct-09 17:39:18

Wickes do a very softly abrasive block which gets blobs of paint off woodwork without harming it. It's about the size of a packet of fags adn is about £4 IIRC.

I wonder if it would lift off the grout rather than you trying to clean it off.

joannaspanner74 Thu 29-Oct-09 12:20:34

Have had the exact same problem myself.
we managed to get hold of some stuff - concrete remover - from a builders merchant.
pretty strong stuff, try this. but make sure your tiles are pretty robust before you start. and also make sure the kids are out of the way!
We (royal we of course) used this concrete remover together with chisel & / or wallpaper scraper. seems most of it is coming off.
Scourers also will work, i guses with this stuff.
I did a few tiles with just plain old elbow grease & scourer and it took me all morning!
Good luck!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now