Talk

Advanced search

Column style vertical radiators

(8 Posts)
Mins Tue 27-Oct-09 09:50:23

Hi - does anyone have any experience of buying any of these? Have been researching and found that generally they are ridiculously expensive - around £500 for the BTU's we need. Homebase have the Classico series which looks great but is cheap - a plumber told me he wouldn't touch these as the steel is not good quality and they start to rot after a year or so. Wickes have some which are reasonably priced but not sure about the quality of those - any one have any experience of these? Otherwise any cheap suppliers of Acova anyone knows of??? smile

mcflumpy Wed 28-Oct-09 07:36:43

We called acova direct and they gave us a list of local suppliers and we found that b&q were cheapest. We bought when they had a 30% off everything sale and made quite a decent saving. Best ofluck!

CybilAviationAuthority Wed 28-Oct-09 07:38:27

We bought ours at b&q, and some replica trad ones online

Mins Thu 29-Oct-09 11:38:21

Thanks for that both. cybilaviationauthority - do you mind me asking where you got your replica ones online? Did you both go for white? Have you tried painting them at all? White is cheaper but really we'd like a silver or chrome kind of effect but you seem to have to pay even more for this!

luckyblackcat Thu 29-Oct-09 11:42:09

I have a few from this company, I know that Kevin McCloud bought some from them also.

Jaga

purepurple Thu 29-Oct-09 11:42:22

we have a grey one from B & Q, bought about 4 or 5 yeras ago. They were much cheaper than Wickes. I have no problems with it.
The only drawback is that we recently got heating cover from our gas and electricity supplier and they won't cover this radiator or the towel radiator in the bathroom.

CybilAviationAuthority Thu 29-Oct-09 13:14:13

we went for something like this in our loft bathroom from I think a company called CASTRADS

(A while ago so I can't be 100%)

CybilAviationAuthority Thu 29-Oct-09 13:15:22

You can choose different finishes and they give you a little pot of paint for touch ups.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now