Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Need colour advice!

(8 Posts)
MrsVik Mon 26-Oct-09 12:18:07

We are getting a new kitchen. We've picked out the cupboards - they will be magnolia. The tiles between cupboards and work surface will be small, longish glass tiles in different shades of fresh green. The worktop will be very dark grey granite (impala, if that means anything!). We cannot decide on a tile colour for the flooring. I'm hoping there are people here who are more creative and can better visualise colour than me and my husband. Please help!

Recap for visualisation purposes:
Cupboards - magnolia
Tiles - shades of green
Worktop - very dark grey
Cupboards - magnolia
Floor tiles - ?????????

ninah Mon 26-Oct-09 12:20:40

quarry tiles?

Twit Mon 26-Oct-09 12:27:57

cream/white or dark grey. Black could be quite cool, but it would depend on how much light you get in your kitchen.

HappyHome Mon 26-Oct-09 17:35:15

I would go for dark grey - in a similar shade to the work tops.

MrsVik Mon 26-Oct-09 17:36:27

Thanks for the replies so far! Keeping them all in mind for the next trip to the DIY place!

kitsmummy Tue 27-Oct-09 08:46:58

Grey slate

Buntytea Tue 27-Oct-09 08:52:05

I would go for a creamy colour, maybe a travertine (sp.?) type tile. I have quite a dark kitchen floor, and from experience, it seems to show things up more. Most foodstuffs (eg cereal, rice, breadcrumbs) are pale and so can make a darker floor look littered quite quickly.

stakethroughtheheartofgold Tue 27-Oct-09 08:56:05

depends on floors it joins imho. we have dark grey slate in bathroom/utility and victorian black (grey) and red quarry tiles in dining room so would have slate in kitchen as it would flow well.

</ponce>

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now