Talk

Advanced search

Anyone know about Vaillant Boilers?

(7 Posts)
chachachachacha Thu 22-Oct-09 10:05:57

I have a vaillant ecomax boiler - its only about 4 years old.

The hot water has been a bit wonky for the last few months and was just about to get someone in to service it and have a look at the water.

Yesterday it conked out. No hot water - and showing an error code F20 and F22 - something to do with overheating.

I tried the heating and it had a flashing code of S4/f.h (S4 means heating running correctly - no idea when f.h means) And the temp on the heating guage started rising really quickly.

Boiler is now turned off as it started making really unattractive gurgling sounds as the temp overheated. Pressure remained normal.

Any ideas? I'm trying to find a plumber but am not sure if I just give Vaillant a call and get one of their contractors - are they likely to be hideously expensive?

Thanks

Ivykaty44 Thu 22-Oct-09 10:12:26

f20 over heat cut off activated - no water in appliance pump cable deect pump blocked or deective pump output to low
f22 dry fire protection - no water in appliance pump cable defective pump blocked or defective pump output to low

chachachachacha Thu 22-Oct-09 10:57:10

thanks ivykaty - think it may be the pump - arrgh - they're really expensive.

when I turned the boiler off the pump was very hot too touch. I don't have anything to compare it to though.

chachachachacha Thu 22-Oct-09 11:08:34

to touch

kif Thu 22-Oct-09 20:02:51

mine has a loopy pipe underneath where you can add in extra water to raise the pressure. for us, this eliminates f22 error.

chachachachacha Thu 22-Oct-09 21:37:00

<off to find loopy pipe>

TheOldestCat Thu 22-Oct-09 21:45:01

Yup, we had that too with our less-than-a-year-old Vaillant - when we eventually got someone out (Vaillant contractor since it was still under guarantee) he just let some more water into the system using the loopy pipe.

He said he could have told us how to do it over the phone on the day the boiler had conked out, instead of us going a few days without hot water or heating, but the company won't let them.

Good luck!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now