Talk

Advanced search

Does anyone know about National homebuyers?

(4 Posts)
theagedparent Mon 19-Oct-09 21:23:48

My Mother has recently divorced a nasty and violent man. She thought she was lucky when he signed over the house to her and he kept all the land they had for himself.

she put the house up for sale and straight away had an offer which she accepted. The ex husband then punched the buyer who then decided not to buy.

She then had a second offer which she attempted to keep secret. Unfortunately the exh spread word around the small village where they live that he was a man not to messed with and how he had shot someone years ago. Naturally the new buyers have pulled out too.

My mum is desperate to get away from this man and this village but it seems as though whoever tries to buy will be scared off.

Does anybody know or have any experience of National homebuyers or any company similar? Is this the only hope she may have of getting away or could they be scared off too?

moaningminniewhingesagain Mon 19-Oct-09 21:52:25

I don't think they would be scared off, but I understand they only pay something like 70% of market value, they guarantee to make an offer but it's often ridiculously poor.

I would avoid if at all possible, can she consider speaking to the police or a solicitor about the harassment she is suffering?

theagedparent Mon 19-Oct-09 22:10:34

Her solicitor said he has to actually threaten or hurt her before anything can be done and the man he punched was too afraid to press charges.
It is all such a mess, she is 66 years old and the stress is making her ill.

Fizzylemonade Tue 20-Oct-09 12:04:10

Could she auction it? If it gets sold at the auction they have a legal obligation to buy it so no pulling out as far as I am aware.

Agree with moaningminnie, any house buying company pay a ridculously low amount. I think even with auction fees she could walk away with more money.

Worth a phone call.

<fizzy watches way too many Homes Under the Hammer>

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now