Talk

Advanced search

Conveyancing fees - how much?

(7 Posts)
pleasechange Mon 19-Oct-09 14:55:08

I will be selling current house and buying another one. Not including the HIIP, how much should I expect the conveyancing costs to be (including all the normal searches, and a homebuyer survey)

pleasechange Tue 20-Oct-09 09:47:56

anyone?

DomesticBlobess Tue 20-Oct-09 11:13:08

I'd say budget about £900 to cover solicitors cost of doing the buy and the sell, then on top the survey would be about £300 for a standard mortgage valuation or £650 if you want a bit more information from the surveyor on the state of the property your buying.

Don't forget stamp duty, estate agents fees, mortgage fees - it is a real money pit....!!

pleasechange Tue 20-Oct-09 15:27:32

thanks domestic smile

NoseyNooNoo Tue 20-Oct-09 19:31:53

The shocker for us was that not buying a house cost us c.£800 in conveyancing fees...

DomesticBlobess Wed 21-Oct-09 14:53:22

I believe you can get solicitors to do a deal where they only charge you for conveyancing fees if the transaction actually completes - a bit like estate agents - ie no sale no fee type of arrangement.

NoseyNooNoo Wed 21-Oct-09 15:06:44

You can get 'no sale no fee' because the work done will need to be done anyway when you do get around to selling. You can't get 'no purchase no fee'.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now