Talk

Advanced search

Does £123 for a tv socket seem excessive to you?

(5 Posts)
hobnob57 Tue 13-Oct-09 20:17:02

We're in the planning stages of an extension, and have just received the plans annotated by the structural engineer for the building warrant. We've to sign them off and return them.

DH emailed the building company to express an interest in adding an additional TV socket to the room, and was quoted £123. Seems like a lot to me!

Am I just out of touch with what these things actually cost or are we being taken to the cleaners?

claricebeansmum Tue 13-Oct-09 20:17:46

depends - are they having to run cables around the house?

CristinaTheAstonishing Tue 13-Oct-09 20:17:56

Specify to them that you are not MPs to put it on expenses. What does it really cost?

InaneHouseholdObject Tue 13-Oct-09 20:19:24

Do TV sockets work anymore? Thought only digital worked? seems OK if extra wiring needs doing.

hobnob57 Tue 13-Oct-09 20:30:30

Planned socket (already on plans) involves wiring from existing one in current living room, across existing patio door (which will be removed) and putting on wall on the other side (currently outside) if that makes sense?

New socket involves putting a socket on current outside wall, directly behind existing socket (i.e. not across patio door gap) so a simple job really.

inanehouseobject we need one to access the wideband aerial in the loft for freeview ATM.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now