Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

london decorating prices - is this too much?

(10 Posts)
HerHonesty Sun 11-Oct-09 08:40:00

had a quote to get my flat repainted throughout, it will be empty - two bedrooms one large, one medium sized, hallway large living room and kitchen. no windows as its pvc and doors are bare wood so woodwork is skirting and archatrave only.

quote is £2200 excluding materials.

my mum says thats ludricously high but they are people i know so perhaps i am paying a premium for this.

any help?

HerHonesty Sun 11-Oct-09 12:05:51

anyone....

ConFuschias Sun 11-Oct-09 20:55:32

I've just had a quote for £800 (excluding materials) to paint an average sized bedroom. This is in the south west, so not London prices.

£2200 for all the rooms you have sounds very reasonable in comparison!

bodiddly Sun 11-Oct-09 21:01:03

shouldn't it be the other way round if they are people you know ... you should be getting it for less and not more! Sounds reasonable to me though. My guys at work do decorating and depending on the room sizes it sounds ok.

MrsHappy Sun 11-Oct-09 21:02:35

Sounds about right to me. A few years ago I was quoted £400 per room, excl materials.

elizabethbob Mon 12-Oct-09 16:27:52

A year ago we had our 2 bed (800 sq ft) flat painted including doors but not window frames as metal and I think it was about £1800.... I think. Definitely less than £2200. But not much and he didn't paint the 2nd bedroom apart from around the window and we couldn't be bothered to move lots of heavy furniture and it had hardly been used so not much point. so I suppose that would have brought the cost down a little.

IlanaK Mon 12-Oct-09 21:24:46

We have had ours done a few times (don't ask!) and we pay £120 per day. This is central London.

Lapsedrunner Mon 12-Oct-09 21:27:16

Crikey - we're in SE and recently moved house. I am planning to repaint myself and now realise how much I will be saving!

Lapsedrunner Mon 12-Oct-09 21:29:48

I should add that in May 2008 I paid 1200euros (not in UK) for a complete re paint (no gloss/windows) for a large 3 bed maisonette!

splodge2001 Tue 13-Oct-09 20:48:25

use mybuilder.com

its brilliant - ps i dont work for my builder.com i just wondered if such a thing existed. you put your job up and loads of people give you quotes

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now