Advanced search

That sparkly glitter paint that you see in amusement arcades...

(7 Posts)
CuppaTeaJanice Sat 10-Oct-09 12:20:51

...and nightclubs, casinos, bingo halls etc. The sort that has quite large chunks of glittery stuff in it. Actually it's probably more of a glitter varnish that goes over the top of paint.

Does anybody know where I can get some? Or any other sort of glittery varnish? I want to do a night sky on my son's bedroom ceiling - I've got a load of glow-in-the-dark stars but I think the glitter would look good in the background on top of the dark blue.

I asked the man in the local trade paint shop and he didn't know anything about it.

Can anybody point me in the right direction please?!!!


ADragonIs4LifeNotJustHalloween Sat 10-Oct-09 12:28:07

I've had some from the Crayola range of paints which was fabulous and something else I think came from the aisle in B&Q that has the stencils/paint effect and paint in it.

Fizzylemonade Sat 10-Oct-09 12:32:44

B&Q definitely has this type of paint. It is their own range, part of their kid's range.

ADragonIs4LifeNotJustHalloween Sat 10-Oct-09 12:33:03

Oh, it's a glaze you put over the top of the ordinary paint. I got the Crayola from Focus but that was a good few years ago.

wildstrawberryplace Sat 10-Oct-09 12:33:54 girly tin but they do a silver glitter top coat. I think Craig and Rose are available in B and Q

CuppaTeaJanice Sat 10-Oct-09 12:39:37

Thanks everyone - will check all these out!!

CuppaTeaJanice Sat 10-Oct-09 12:54:44

Craig & Rose make the bang on the door and also the crayola ranges. I've just ordered some colour charts from their website. B&Q do a gold glitter glaze but it's more expensive.


Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: