Talk

Advanced search

What did you pay to get the outside of your house decorated in London?

(5 Posts)
Aranea Fri 09-Oct-09 14:06:14

Someone has just come and knocked on the door and offered to do front & back for £650. Obviously he is saying this is a bargain price but I have no idea at all. It would just be the woodwork around the windows at the back (5 windows plus french doors) and windows plus painting masonry at the front (bay window upstairs and downstairs).

Any idea whether this is a sensible price or not? Thanks!

murphyslaw Fri 09-Oct-09 22:02:25

Its not hideous but ask what prep and how many coats they are going to do!

That should be about 2 days work (at least)

Not sure I would give work to someone just knocking my door. Probably prefer to find someone who has been recommended.

HTH

Littlefish Fri 09-Oct-09 22:17:28

I would never give work to someone who just knocked on my door. You have no idea of the quality of their work, or in fact, whether they will actually do the work at all!

Aranea Fri 09-Oct-09 22:19:59

Thanks.... I have told him I don't want him to do it and am getting a couple of other quotes. To judge from the reactions from other decorators, I think it might be a suspiciously low price!

I wasn't going to take him without references, but even so had a bad feeling about it.

Littlefish Sat 10-Oct-09 18:03:46

Trust that gut feeling smile.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now