Talk

Advanced search

Buying house - do you check out the neighbours?

(5 Posts)
mumof2222222222222222boys Wed 07-Oct-09 14:04:32

We are thinking of putting in an offer on a (terraced) house. Previously we have had issues with neighbours (also had some fab ones) and so keen to know that we would not be moving in next door to difficult people.

Obviously we could just ask vendors, but has anyone actually knocked on the neighbours' doors to get a first hand impression?

MamaG Wed 07-Oct-09 14:06:02

Yep every time! i wouldn;'t consider not doing so TBH. I viewed a house last weekand knocked on next door, saying I was viewing the house and wondered if they could tell me about the area! They prob think I'm barking but it's better tan moving in next to Mr & Mrs Nutjob

Squishabelle Wed 07-Oct-09 14:18:18

I havent but will do so in the future. We have never really had what I would call fantastic neighbours. Maybe we have just been unlucky or maybe its us!

TheCrackFox Wed 07-Oct-09 14:22:38

Yes, didn't knock on any doors though but visited the street lots. DH is a chef so also checked out the street at midnight (on his way back from work) on a Friday and Saturday night. We had nothing to worry about, all our neighbours are lovely. Your dream house can pretty quickly turn into a nightmare by crap neighbours.

Carrotfly Wed 07-Oct-09 15:03:34

Never done it before, but would certainly consider it in the future if we were to move.

<currently have rather odd neighbours so this has changed my outlook>

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now