Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Can i ask neighbours to move their skip?

(7 Posts)
ReneRusso Tue 06-Oct-09 10:50:08

Some neighbours of mine have been doing some building work for more than 18 months. I have got slightly tired of seeing the skip and all the accompanying mess each time I look out of my kitchen window. I don't know them very well, and would like to keep things friendly, but would I be out of order to ask when it's going to end? The structural building work appears to be complete, so I assume its just internal finishing that's still going on. I have no idea if there is some dispute with the builder or otherwise, but it seems like an excessively long time. The skip is on their property so I guess I have no right to complain. Any ideas?

Stayingscarygirl Tue 06-Oct-09 10:57:12

You could strike up a friendly conversation and ask how the work's going, and see if that gave you some hint as to when the skip will be going. Unfortunately I think that that's all you can reasonably do - the skip is on their land and not causing you any inconvenience, other than aesthetic, so I don't honestly think you can ask them to move it.

HerHonesty Tue 06-Oct-09 19:58:09

is it on their land?

trixymalixy Tue 06-Oct-09 21:49:11

Honestly i wouldn't, it's not like it's in your way and having neighbours who are pissed off with you is no fun believe me..

MrsSixx Tue 06-Oct-09 22:07:51

My renovation has been going on over a year now, I reckon we will be close to 18 months when we finish. It's not that unusual, especially if you have to do it one room at the time :-/

LynetteScavo Tue 06-Oct-09 22:11:20

I'd go over, be frreindly, and find out when the skip will disapear.

IF it's on their land, there is nothing you can do, excep be patient.

ReneRusso Wed 07-Oct-09 09:59:50

Thanks to all for your views.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now