Talk

Advanced search

Redoing bathroom..the mirror looks best over the sink, doesn't it?

(9 Posts)
hattyyellow Mon 05-Oct-09 11:30:44

Our builder is coming to transform our bathroom tomorrow.

I've ordered a new mirror which I assumed would go over sink. DH has decided he doesn't want to have to look at himself bleary-eyed in the morning and wants it to go on a side wall in a corner..

The bathroom is small and there is a window to the left of the sink and a window in the corridor. If the mirror is above sink it reflects back light coming in from corridor window.

It also seems like it should go there - I guess I tend to look when I'm brushing my teeth. Is that just me? I think it looks wierd anywhere else..

Anyone have any views?

Rubyrubyruby Mon 05-Oct-09 11:31:50

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

PlumBumMum Mon 05-Oct-09 11:34:15

grin ruby I agree it is the law,

tell him you have to look at him bleary eyed in the morning it is only fair he should too!grin

AMumInScotland Mon 05-Oct-09 11:34:20

I certainly think it works best over the sink - there's so many things I want to see myself doing. Like flossing or putting on a face mask or removing makeup - if you have to keep going to and fro to the mirror, you'll hate it.

rebl Mon 05-Oct-09 11:35:31

Over the sink. As a woman that is where you need it. Also, how is he going to shave when the mirror isn't over the sink?

hattyyellow Mon 05-Oct-09 11:45:54

You're all so right! It just seems so, well, wrong for it to go anywhere else.

Shaving is a very good point - I will try and hammer that home. He already leaves his shavings over the sink which is enough of a pain so shaving onto the floor would just be plain irritating!

theworldsgoneDMmad Mon 05-Oct-09 11:48:24

^ Exactly what I was opening this thread to post!^ grin

hattyyellow Tue 06-Oct-09 14:26:01

It's over the sink. Done and dusted. Thank you for the reconfirmation of my sanity!

Sixer Sat 10-Oct-09 00:31:09

From a female plumbers point of view, yes over the washbasin, anywhere else just doesn't make sense.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now