Talk

Advanced search

Help - have zero artistic talent and need to decorate!

(6 Posts)
Conundrumish Thu 01-Oct-09 18:22:10

Tonight we need to decide what colour to paint our sitting room (walls and skirting boards) and dresser that we are having stripped.

I am looking at white/ivory/cream or magnolia (if there is still such a thing!). For walls, I know it is a bit naff, but I like Crown Solo as it goes on in one coat and wipes clean really well. For the dresser I am either thinking Crown, Dulux or Farrow & Ball.

Can anyone with more artistic talent than me suggest a good colour combination pls? The emphasis needs to be on keeping it bright. So white with cream dresser or some such. Thanks.

Rubyrubyruby Thu 01-Oct-09 18:23:18

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

Conundrumish Thu 01-Oct-09 18:40:56

I read something the other day about it having bad coverage. Also, I have three small boys and lots of ride-ons that just bash paint. Surely it's not wipe clean?

If so though, what colours?

Thanks [smils]

HerHonesty Thu 01-Oct-09 19:23:53

look at the f and b website they do an excellent colour guide which was a supplement for homes and gardens
have a search

Bionda Fri 02-Oct-09 15:59:02

I know this isn't what you asked for specifically but having had a few duff ones over the years I have just discovered the most wonderful carpenter. He's really, really good, reasonably priced and, best of all, has a PhD - he used to be a scientist, so he's very bright. I know that isn't vital for a carpenter but it means there's no endless talk about football and 'amusing' hints about cups of tea.

Anyway, we all loved him - including my grumpy husband. His name is Jeremy Norton and he's got a website, bit posh looking but it gives you an idea of what he does.

www.nortonwoodwork.com

Conundrumish Sat 03-Oct-09 00:23:02

Thanks Bionda. In the South West, so prob too far, but he looks very impressive.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now