Talk

Advanced search

Quick poll - shall I chop off my phone extension?

(9 Posts)
spicemonster Wed 30-Sep-09 18:36:30

Just had a load of work done in my flat. I have a main BT socket in the hall with an extension cord going to a socket in the 'master (bleugh) bedroom' which is currently loose but used to be threaded round doors with those little clip things. I have a cordless phone and so don't use the extension and haven't used it in years. Do you reckon I can just chop it off or do you think that if I sell (which is what I'm planning to do in a few years' time), people will be horrified that there is only one phone point and I should just put it all back where it was?

I have a pair of pliers in my itchy fingers ...

thisisyesterday Wed 30-Sep-09 18:38:23

chop it off!

spicemonster Wed 30-Sep-09 18:39:32

Ooh that was quick! I'm dying to do it. Stupid thing

If I get one more person saying I should, I'm going to do it

<flexes pliers>

MmeLindt Wed 30-Sep-09 18:40:33

chop it off.

it would not bother me to have just one socket

spicemonster Wed 30-Sep-09 18:48:47

On your head be it MmeLindt

MmeLindt Wed 30-Sep-09 18:50:42

If and when you sell your flat, and the prospective buyer says, "Why on earth do you only have one phone socket" you can tell them it was my fault.

spicemonster Wed 30-Sep-09 18:53:14

"Someone from the internet told me to do it"

And no, I'm normal. Honest wink

Fizzylemonade Wed 30-Sep-09 19:35:59

Wouldn't bother me, surely most people have a cordless phone plugged into main socket and then have the other "slave" phones dotted around the house and just plugged into a normal electrical socket.

Maybe when you tell them you were told to do it by people on the internet you could cock your head to one side and twitch a bit grin

HeadFairy Wed 30-Sep-09 19:37:50

I chopped ours off when ds came along and pinched our study for his bedroom. We had three phones in a tiny flat, all from one socket.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now