Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

i am looking for fireplace tiles, those glazed ones in bright colours that look all different and random when you put them in.

(13 Posts)
AitchTwoToTangOh Mon 28-Sep-09 23:02:44

for some reason, they're hard to get hold of. well, probably because i've no idea what i should be googling for...
can anyone help?

nevergoogledragonbutter Mon 28-Sep-09 23:27:05

...and breathe.

explain different and random? and we'll take it from there.

policywonk Mon 28-Sep-09 23:30:00

We put some in last year - I'll see if I can find the name on the box in the shed tomorrow.

A tip: people will tell you you can't use glazed tiles on a fireplace because the glaze might crack. We've put ours on the floor in front of the fireplace, and they've been fine there.

policywonk Mon 28-Sep-09 23:32:09

this might be them

policywonk Mon 28-Sep-09 23:35:55

Oh and they'll tell you that you're not supposed to put them on the floor too, but so long as it's not an area that gets walked on a lot you'll be OK.

AitchTwoToTangOh Mon 28-Sep-09 23:40:24

cheers. the fireplace is a dud anyway, wonk, it's more for decoration than anything else. we have an amaaaaaaaazing fire surround that i got in a junkyard yonks ago, and a mantelpiece, but we've never known what to do with the inside of it. i want something like this but with more variation in the tile colours. a bit like this

policywonk Mon 28-Sep-09 23:46:31

So you want the rectangular tiles? I'm fairly sure they're available in the range we used. I'll dig the box out tomorrow. (They have those lovely deep blues, and the tiles are hand-glazed.)

AitchTwoToTangOh Mon 28-Sep-09 23:51:32

that would be great, pw, thanks. i think rectangular, yes, the smaller the better. and it's blue we want, that bonkers late victorian cerulean if at all possible. it will argue politely with everything else in the room.

policywonk Wed 30-Sep-09 11:22:50

Sorry for the delay. Here you are: Winchester Tile Company

AitchTwoToTangOh Wed 30-Sep-09 11:28:48

oh you absolute bloomin' DIAMOND. this looks perfect, thank you!

policywonk Wed 30-Sep-09 15:44:12

Hurrah! grin They're very lovely IRL. I'm sure they'd send samples if you asked.

Bettymum Wed 30-Sep-09 15:52:09

I had these in the kitchen of my old house, they're beautiful. Green Park looks like a lovely colour, I had Lime House and Marble Arch . Maybe too big for you though?

AitchTwoToTangOh Thu 01-Oct-09 11:01:40

lovely again, thanks. i think this is going to cost a freakin' fortune.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now