Talk

Advanced search

In July, some kind MNers advised me on how to cope without a kitchen for 2 months. Well, it's finally finished - come and see!

(9 Posts)
spicemonster Mon 28-Sep-09 20:33:54

Me and my DS have had the entire contents of my bedroom and the kitchen in the living room for the last 2 months while we've had the front of the flat damp proofed, the hall and my bedroom redecorated and a new kitchen and bathroom fitted. I've nearly gone mad at times not having more than a square meter of floor space, at the dirt, the dust and the filthy stinky builders. But it is all finally finished. Pics of the kitchen on my profile

Thanks for all the wise advice.

I have learned something useful about myself in all this - I am not the sort of person that could buy somewhere that needed a lot of work

HumphreyCobbler Mon 28-Sep-09 20:36:41

It looks lovely.

I love that feeling when you are finally finished and clean.

PrincessToadstool Mon 28-Sep-09 20:37:25

Ooh it's lovely envy

well done on coping for TWO MONTHS - that's incredible!

HouseHunting Mon 28-Sep-09 20:41:11

It looks beautiful!!!

spicemonster Mon 28-Sep-09 20:47:41

Well we did stay at my mum and dad's for some of the time and go on holiday. But it felt like forever.

Have you ever read that Julia Donaldson book 'A Squash and a Squeeze' about an old lady who thinks her house is too small so the wise man tells her to bring all her animals inside and when she lets them out again, it feels enormous? I feel like that about my living room. Now it no longer has a fridge freezer, a washing machine, a dryer and two chests of drawers in it, it feels positively palatial!

BEAUTlFUL Mon 28-Sep-09 21:14:22

Beautiful kitchen and even MORE stunning child!

spicemonster Mon 28-Sep-09 21:57:30

Thank you BEAUTIFUL. He is of course my proudest achievement

pointydoug Mon 28-Sep-09 22:15:55

wow, looks great

toja555 Tue 29-Sep-09 09:29:24

Lovely, well done!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now