Talk

Advanced search

How long to get written mortgage offer?

(9 Posts)
rebl Mon 28-Sep-09 17:20:30

We received the valuation survey 2.5 weeks ago but we've still not recieved the written mortgage offer. Is this normal or is it taking longer than normal?

rebl Mon 28-Sep-09 21:33:13

Bump - anyone?

pregnantpeppa Mon 28-Sep-09 21:38:06

That is a long time - which lender is it?
Is there anything else outstanding on your application? I would definitely ring and chase and find out what stage the application is - it may need to be referred to an underwriter if there is a problem with the valuation.

We had a valuation on a Wednesday & had the offer letter by the following Monday, but we had delayed having the valuation until we were informed by the mortgage company that all other parts of our application were approved & no documents were outstanding (they had previously made requests for extra docs like bank statements so we made sure they had been sent & approved before going ahead with the valuation).

rebl Mon 28-Sep-09 21:48:55

Nat West. No nothing is outstanding on our application that I know off. We've given everything to the financial advisor that we've been asked for. Nat West have not even got in contact with us.

DoneWithCrying Mon 28-Sep-09 23:51:36

Normally after satisfactory valuation mortgage offer is quite soon - I think mine was about a week or two.
I'd give them a call to chase it up.

toja555 Tue 29-Sep-09 09:26:34

With Barclays (Woolwich), it took 10 days to get the first mortgage offer and 5 weeks to get the second one (I mean, on separate properties).

toja555 Tue 29-Sep-09 09:27:13

A matter of luck, I would say.

rebl Tue 29-Sep-09 17:22:15

Chased them today, they've got a large backlog but having chased them we've been told we'll have the written offer in the post by Friday smile.

pregnantpeppa Tue 29-Sep-09 21:00:43

That's good news at least you know it's all approved Hopefully it won't take so long when you actually need the money!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now