Talk

Advanced search

Sold house last year but still not on nethouseprice.com

(5 Posts)
ibbydibby Mon 28-Sep-09 10:17:39

That's all really. We sold our house at the end of April 2008, and moved 100 miles away. If I was one of my old friends/neighbours I would be looking at this website to see how much Mr & Mrs <ibbydibby> sold their house for. But, 16 months later it is still not there. I was under the impression that the info contained on this website is passed on/obtained from the land registry. So just wondering if there is something untoward going on here, is it likely to come back and smack us in the face in years to come? Were our buyers up to something? Just curious.

mummygogo Mon 28-Sep-09 13:13:06

Some of these websites are quite old and do not have up-to-date information. If you want to have a nosey you can spend £3 by logging on to the HM Land registry website and seeing if the new buyers details are on there.

On completion of the sale your buyers solicitors would have sent an application to the land registry to remove your details and add the buyers, it should be on there, if not then it hasn't been registered for some reason.

cassell Mon 28-Sep-09 13:22:09

I had similar thing, we bought our house in may 08 and wanted to check if it was on the sites. I still can't find it on ourproperty.com but it is on zoopla so maybe try and see if yours is on one of those two? Not sure why it shows up on some an not the others! Agree with mummygogo you could go on the land registry site to check that the transaction has been logged correctly.

said Mon 28-Sep-09 16:47:42

Mine was never on nethouseprices because it was part of a block of leasehold houses and mine was the freeholder. I did ask the LR and this was their reply - or words to that effect. It's how it's recorded by the LR originally, it seems. Sounds complicated and not too clear to me. All neighbouring house sales are on but not mine.

LIZS Mon 28-Sep-09 16:49:07

Soemtiems it doesn't search on the postcode or address correctly, or they enter it under another town nearby as par tof the address.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now