Talk

Advanced search

Those kitchen taps with a pull out spray - are they worth getting?

(15 Posts)
DaisymooSteiner Fri 25-Sep-09 23:04:06

Go on, convince me grin What do you actually use them for in practice?

merlin Fri 25-Sep-09 23:08:15

Great for filling up large vases that don't fit in your sink!

That's about all I use mine for grin

Hassled Fri 25-Sep-09 23:10:16

Spraying the DCs when they are annoying. Yes, really.

woodenchair Fri 25-Sep-09 23:23:07

Love them!!

Convinced dp to get one when we did the kitchen it was great. We've moved since then and wish it could have come with us

spicemonster Fri 25-Sep-09 23:48:56

Rinsing out the sink, aiming into things precisely when you want to, they are brilliant. My parents have one and I've just had a new kitchen fitted and it was the one thing I was adamant I wanted to get. I love it already

Othersideofthechannel Sat 26-Sep-09 00:30:41

Making lots of bubbles from a tiny bit of washing up liquid without lots of handswishing.

Shitemum Sat 26-Sep-09 00:52:36

I've got one but have never been able to use it as the plumber fitted the plastic drain bit back to front and trapped the hose so I can't pull it out... sad

dizzymare Sat 26-Sep-09 00:58:43

Yes, I love mine. The only downside is ds does too hmmAnd I agree about the amount of bubbles you can produce from a teeny drop of washing up liquid.

You will never regret having a squirty hose as we call itblush

Tambajam Sat 26-Sep-09 07:22:50

I find it really useful for washing salads and fruit. You can have a much higher pressure of water and pull the hose down lower and it won't splash everywhere. Also good for cleaning the actual sink.

fatjac Sat 26-Sep-09 10:17:43

Do you think these taps would look silly with a belfast sink?

spicemonster Sat 26-Sep-09 10:29:45

I've got a ceramic square sink from Ikea which is similar to a Belfast and it looks fine with mine I think

jenniepanda Sat 26-Sep-09 10:47:57

We have one in the utility room and I use it for filling buckets and the fish tank that wont fit in the actual sink. Also good for washing down the sink after I've been cleaning muddy shoes etc.

LittleWeePickle Sat 26-Sep-09 16:20:41

Useful for shampooing a cat or poodle smile

Ours was a tenner from Lidl, only drawback is that it doesn't mix hot and cold water a it ought to - but it was el cheapo so what do I expect!

I recommend, esp if you get a proper one

3littlefrogs Sat 26-Sep-09 16:22:38

YES. I love mine. It is great for washing the oven shelves, baking trays etc., and for washing fruit and veg. And for filling jugs and vases when the sink is full of dishes that you have been to lazy to wash blush

DaisymooSteiner Sat 26-Sep-09 21:29:57

Thanks everyone. I do think they sound like a great idea so will definitely try and find one which dh can agree on!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now