Talk

Advanced search

Fun project...ideas for indoor swimmingpool...let you imagination run riot ...

(6 Posts)
mulranno Thu 24-Sep-09 19:41:28

A mate of mine bought a massive £4million new build house in 2007.....they have obviously lost a lot of money and are considereing installing an indoor pool complex to a least set it apart when they put in back on the market. How wol you design it?...have you any links for fancy pools?..not sure that they re not throwing good money after bad...?..however i think it needs to be something WOW rather than an ugly mini leisure centre...

TokenFemale Thu 24-Sep-09 23:54:20

IS the pool complex going to be adjoining/within the house or set apart form it?

Things to consider are:
- is the area just to be used for swimming, or do you want sauna/steam room in building too.
- do you want space for loungers around
- is the pool for serious swimming, or more for children playing (this will really influence desing of pool itself)
- do you want to be able to open it up, either through folding sliding doors or retractable roof
- do you want a self-cleaning pool
- lighting (this can really make it wow

Here are some companies to explore design ideas with:
Rainbow Pools - these are highly recommended
David Hallam - also recommened, partic if you want sauna/steam room complex too
Heritage
Pool Architecture
Blue Rhapsody
Technology Pools

I would question their logic behind doing this though, as it is unlikely to add as much value to their house as it costs to build. Yes it will set it apart, but very few purchasers (even in the low millions bracket) have a pool on their 'must-have' list, therefore it is worth less to the purchasers than the outlay to build it. And many people cannot be bothered with the effort to maintain a pool.

HerHonesty Fri 25-Sep-09 20:27:28

indoor pools always strike me as very naff.

have a heated outdoor one if you can afford it, with a lovely poolhouse.

mulranno Fri 25-Sep-09 23:52:45

Is ajoining the house...I think an eco swimming pond would be more stunning but agreed not convinced this is a goo return on investment

HerHonesty Sat 26-Sep-09 06:22:32

a swimming pond, now you are talking!

Thandeka Tue 29-Sep-09 18:27:26

only on mumsnet....

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now