Talk

Advanced search

New Kitchen!! Advice needed on good company for design/supply

(14 Posts)
Madigan Tue 22-Sep-09 19:49:49

Can anyone recommend a good kitchen designer/supplier - in Cotswolds area -

I want a painted wooden fairly traditional kitchen, budget around £15k - £18k.

Any ideas??

Also - has anyone any experience of using Howdens for kitchens - are they good?

JamButties Tue 22-Sep-09 20:20:41

Howdens are apparently MUCH better than they were. I think they are quite decent. Having said that, using local companies is great. I'd ring some local building firms and ask if they have any suggestions.

clarea1 Tue 22-Sep-09 22:23:31

You may wish to look at Wren kitchens, the showroom is well worth a view, the quality is second to none and the prices excellent. Howdens is not that great to be honest. Wren have a selection of different kitchens aswel as their own so you can compare quality at the showroom.

Clare

GrendelsMum Wed 23-Sep-09 09:42:21

Even if you've got a clear idea of the sort of kitchen you want, I think it's a good idea to go and look at as many kitchen showrooms as you can, to get a good idea of what you want in terms of the practical things - drawers or cupboards, bins, extractor fans, etc.

cece Wed 23-Sep-09 22:37:26

With that budget I would go to a local kitchen shop.

PinkChick Wed 23-Sep-09 22:40:33

Howdens everytime!..from budget to pricy smile..excellent service in ours!

HerHonesty Thu 24-Sep-09 15:29:16

i am looking at kitstone and neptune which seem reasonably priced and the sort of thing you are thinking about. howdens i have heard is very good in comparison to others in their class - but they dont do painted wooden.

Katisha Thu 24-Sep-09 15:50:30

We have the Howdens "Haworth" white painted one - it comes in two styles - one more traditional than the other. Very pleased with it.

Katisha Thu 24-Sep-09 15:51:52

It is solid timber, painted.

Katisha Thu 24-Sep-09 15:52:55

Here

We have diff handles etc.

HerHonesty Thu 24-Sep-09 16:07:23

it says part of the door is chipboard and the panels mdf? it does very nice though!

HerHonesty Thu 24-Sep-09 16:15:16

sorry, it does look very nice. obviuosly, doh..

jeanjeannie Thu 24-Sep-09 16:18:44

Personally I'd try and go for a local kitchen shop with that budget.

I'm not a fan of Howdens - but apparently the make of their doors is a lot better than it was when they were part of MFI. DP has done so many repair jobs in the last couple of years...mainly on new-build houses where Howdens have been supplying the big construction companies. He's not been impressed with the fitting or the quality...but I think that seems to have changed.

Have heard some nice things about the quality of Kit Stone - they do look very lush.

Katisha Thu 24-Sep-09 16:51:01

So it does! Oh well - it looks nice anyway!!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now