Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Dulux paint pod, any good?

(6 Posts)
thesockmonsterofdoom Mon 21-Sep-09 16:55:07

currently £34 in B&Q, was going to get someone in to decorate hall as is very high, I reckon I could probably reach though by leaning over the bannister in a precarious way grin,
So are they any good, because I really want to get my whole house painted at some point in the near future and it is definalty looking like a good option as I hate cleaning upo after, although I love the actual painting.

beanstalk Tue 22-Sep-09 20:41:19

We have one, DH has used it and said that it doesn't make the painting any easier but the self cleaning at the end is good. So really I think you are paying the money for the machine to clean your roller for you - not sure it is worth it? Also, you can only use the pods of paint with it which work out more expensive than the usual tins of paint and only come in a limited range of colours.

LittleWeePickle Sat 26-Sep-09 16:24:42

New roller & tray - £2.50

Paintpod - £34

You can put a roller in washing machine - I've done this many times, comes out great (not if you're using oil based paint tho!)

Paintpod is a gimmick while will clutter up your house for years to come.

LittleWeePickle Sat 26-Sep-09 16:25:30

Or just chuck out roller at end of job....

youlldoshell Mon 19-Oct-09 12:24:35

IVE just borrowed a paint pod and heard that you can refill empty pots with matt emultion
has any one tried this

skybluewinking Mon 19-Oct-09 22:59:46

Hi Little Wee,
How do you wash the roller in the washing machine? On it's own, rinsed first? Glad you put me off the paint pod, was vaguely lusting after one today, but rather suspected it would be A N Other gadget. Bit like the cuprinol fence sprayer: worked once, now in shed.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now