Talk

Advanced search

Dream house - no bath!!! Suggestions please

(11 Posts)
LeeWT Sun 20-Sep-09 23:03:18

hi all

We've found our dream house and it has planning permission to extend which we intend to do in about 2yrs.

In the meantime the bathroom has a shower but no bath and it is not wide enough to put in a bath.

There's a large area under the stairs and i wondered if we could put a plastic bath in there and fill it up for our 2 year old. we dont want to spend money on the bathroom as there are a few other things need doing and we will be ripping it out when we extend anyway!

have googled but have not seen any baths big enough for toddlers that you could put at the bottom of your shower (1.3m long by .6m wide)

any suggestions?

thanks!

MarmadukeScarlet Sun 20-Sep-09 23:05:53

In a tiny house I once lived in I had a shower bath thing - more common in Europe I think?

It was like a deep shower tray, iirc it had a little step bit at one end which was a seat. Fitted in the space a shower tray would, fine for bathing littlies - t'was a high step over the edge though.

FimboFortuna Sun 20-Sep-09 23:06:01

My sil has never had a bath and has 3 dc. They used to sit in the bottom of the shower tray to be washed.

mumoverseas Tue 22-Sep-09 13:16:33

would it be an option to re-arrange the existing bath/shower room?
we had a rather small en-suite shower room in our house and I always wanted a bath. We had a small corner shower and next to it a large wall (about 8" thick) separating it from the sink/vanity unit which was quite big.

We got a builder in to have a look and he came up with a plan and ripped out the shower, false wall and sink unit and managed to fit in a lovely corner bath and a small glass bowl type basin.

ib Tue 22-Sep-09 13:19:09

My ds has washed in a shower since he was about 18 mo. He just prefers it to the bath now.

titchy Tue 22-Sep-09 13:25:49

You want to look at disability aids, or a similar search term, I think and look for a walk-in shower-bath type thing. They do exist - my mum has one in her sheltered housing flat, complete with a little seat!

titchy Tue 22-Sep-09 13:31:12

Or try this: small bath

LeeWT Wed 23-Sep-09 09:47:18

Thanks for all the tips folks! Titchy that small bath seems to be the perfect size - when I didn't see anything smaller than 1500 on b&q I assumed they didnt exist so thank you!!!!!

titchy Wed 23-Sep-09 11:08:24

smile

Takver Wed 23-Sep-09 11:22:50

Or a big tub trug in the bottom of the shower? We only had a shower where we lived before, we just stuck the tub in the tray once dd got too big to sit in the kitchen sink for her bath.

brettgirl2 Wed 23-Sep-09 17:30:10

We had a tiny corner bath thing when we moved in that was the size of a shower tray.

It was possible to have a bath in as an adult - you had to stick your legs over the side.

I hated the thing tbh but it might be a short term fix?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now