Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

The perfect shade of pale grey paint

(7 Posts)
yogamat Sun 20-Sep-09 20:26:48

Anyone have any tips?
Want it to be really pale but still look grey and not blue. Farrow and Ball not right at all - have tried every possible one.
Thanks!

southeastastra Sun 20-Sep-09 20:27:58

get them to mix the exact shade you like? do they still do that?

CybilLiberty Sun 20-Sep-09 20:28:07

I have Hoembase Traditional or Heritage or whatever OSTRICH PLUME. I have a horrible suspicion it's not available anymore but if you could track it down, it really is a lovely shade of grey. I have it in my kitchen diner

ireallydontknow Sun 20-Sep-09 20:28:16

very hard.

you can go to homebase and look through their shade cards. there are so many different hues. do you have an idea of what type of grey (other than not bluey?).

CybilLiberty Sun 20-Sep-09 20:29:24

I thought some paint places could copy a colour from a piece of fabric if that';s all you had. I have had copy farrow and BAll mixed up at my local paint place

blithedance Sun 20-Sep-09 20:42:47

I have the answer to this: "Heron" by Dulux trade. It's a lovely soft grey with neutral/green overtones not blue. Just as you'd imagine a heron, really.

Heron I can't get this link to work but honestly it does exist.

I stumbled on it when we were repainting the inside of our church and a member who was an artist said grey is a lovely foil for other colours. Church meeting wimped out and went for magnolia so I painted my bedroom in it instead grin

If you go to a Dulux Trade centre it's only about £2 for a sample pot and it's lovely quality paint.

Fayrazzled Sun 20-Sep-09 20:46:28

Does F&B's Blackened not work for you? We have it in our spare room and it's gorgeous. However, it only works in certain lights- in our bedroom at the other side of the house it looked dingy.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now