Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

How reliable are the prices on Zoopla?

(10 Posts)
saltyseadog Sat 19-Sep-09 21:43:29

I'm just looking at zoopla for a house we're going to view next week. Zoopla has it down as £90 - 100K less than they are asking! Admittedly the current vendors may have done a lot of work to the property, and we won't know until we go and view it - but £100K is a LOT of money.....

bigstripeytiger Sat 19-Sep-09 21:57:35

I dont think Zoopla is expecially reliable. Have you tried looking at the value of any other houses in the same street that are essentially the same as the one you are looking at? That should help even out any differences that are due to work done/price paid, IYSWIM.

saltyseadog Sun 20-Sep-09 11:00:05

It's a village location which makes it hard tbh. Mind you, went to a view a house yesterday that is on for £340K more than 2005 (all they have done is add a 2 storey one room extension). Hardly Grand Designs. Fark me....

GrendelsMum Sun 20-Sep-09 13:08:20

Mmm - but people may have done a lot of dull but vital work sorting out problems in a house which aren't immediately visible, especially in an old house. Was the house initially cheaper than all those around it / comparable houses in comparable locations? If so, perhaps it had various problems.

noddyholder Sun 20-Sep-09 13:09:54

not at all

mrsflowerpot Sun 20-Sep-09 13:13:54

Well, our house is on twice, once with its number and once with its name, and the price difference between the two is £60K. House down the road that was built as the twin of ours is a different price again. So I would say, not very!

MrsSixx Sun 20-Sep-09 18:22:03

I valued mine on there the other day and think it is too low - but then I would say that wouldn't I? I tried to give them as much information as I could about the improvements to the property but it still came out lower than next door. My house is better than next door waaah!

Fizzylemonade Sun 20-Sep-09 18:33:51

Mine says it is only worth X and it is currently on the market for Y! It was due to the cosmetic state it was in.

We have gutted it from top to bottom, new boiler, new bathroom, new en-suite, replastered, new fireplace, new floor coverings throughout, redecorated throughout, refurbished kitchen, new electrics.

All of this we will have to show as we have ur house on the market and I bet someone looking at Zoopla wonders why it is on the market for more money than we bought it for in 2004 grin

saltyseadog Sun 20-Sep-09 21:20:08

So its obviously too low - that helps. I still think the owners of the house asking £340K more than 2005 for an extra 250 square ft are having a giraffe (the house is modern, so will not have required gutting)...

Only time will tell I guess

brettgirl2 Sun 20-Sep-09 21:51:35

Well, I've just looked at ours. Apparently an identical but slightly run down house with a smaller garden down the road is worth 12k more than ours. I doubt it!!!!

We are selling for 6k more than their price and in comparison to others on the market that's very reasonable. It's only based on multiples of what you bought for. It doesn't take into account the fact that you have gutted the place. BTW we HAVE had a building society valuation in line!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now