Talk

Advanced search

would you buy a house next to a naturist camp site?

(11 Posts)
sylar Fri 11-Sep-09 22:30:31

where the users of the campsite have a right of way over the driveway of the house.

Think we might no longer be buying the house now this has cropped up sad

Blu Fri 11-Sep-09 22:33:11

The right of way would be more of an issue for me than that they are naturists.

CybilLiberty Fri 11-Sep-09 22:34:29

imaging opening the front room curtains and seeeing this on your driveway

Ewe Fri 11-Sep-09 22:40:50

Very good Cybil grin

I wouldn't, the access issue would seriously bother me and I think it could impact price and time in terms of reselling.

brimfull Fri 11-Sep-09 22:41:40

do many of them trot across the drive floppy bits on show?

sounds a hoot

Blu Fri 11-Sep-09 22:44:14

If the occupants of the site have access, I would be more worried about who they could sell on to. Or in other ways the site could be developed, and what that might man for traffic over your drive.

My Mum's neighbour has a right of way through Mum's garden - but it's not a plot that could be developed into a caravan site with 40 caravans being driven across every day, for example.

random Fri 11-Sep-09 22:46:35

Dp would be upstairs at the window with his binoculars grin

jemart Fri 11-Sep-09 22:49:28

hell no.
Unless the house was amazing and also very very cheap with potential for building a rather large wall to block out the naturists.

GrendelsMum Fri 11-Sep-09 22:53:27

naturists - no problem, I'd probably be joining them (except with a cardi on to stave off chills)
camp site - hmm, bit more of a problem, but might be illogical
right of way for campers across driveway - now that does seem a problem.

TigerDrivesAgain Fri 11-Sep-09 22:57:38

we have a footpath running up the side of our garden. It's no bother but only hairy middle aged, apologetic middle class ramblers use it and I shout at them "hello!!! Hello there!!". I wouldn't want a thoroughfare in front of my kitchen window, especially with wobbly bits.

sylar Sat 12-Sep-09 19:11:53

Have done a bit more digging. Its a very small site and no caravans allowed. The driveway is actually a long roadway along the edge of the property with electric gates at each end and so its used the by the site owners plus users (and six houses) for access.

The land can't be developed since its green belt.

Very unsure. Apparently they only get a couple of cars an hour and thats at peak time in the summer. In the winter its only the owners of the houses.

Why is buying a house never straight forward.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now