Advanced search

thinking of knocking kitchen through into dining room, advice please

(3 Posts)
licquorice Fri 11-Sep-09 14:14:53

As above. Also wanting to knock wall down between dining room and conservatory (will have to rebuild con) and claim space into main room with glass doors. Do we need an architect to draw plans or would a builder/structural engineer be able to do drawings for building regs? Council say will not need planning permission.

Any words of wisdom from anyone?

If we need architect how much would it cost?

cassell Fri 11-Sep-09 17:00:52

We are knocking down a structural wall in our kitchen and have just had a structural engineer prepare drawings which the builder will then work to, these drawings are sufficent for building regs. We haven't got an architect because the amount of work is small and as we are just rearranging the space that is already there I decided it wasn't necessary. I have drawn out my own plans of how I want it to be which the structural engineer took into consideration when doing his calculations/drawings. The structual engineer's work is costing us c£600 but no idea how much an architect would be.

licquorice Mon 14-Sep-09 21:49:46

Thanks Cassell. might try skipping architect too. what we want is pretty simple

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: