Talk

Advanced search

Anyone painted their fridge?

(7 Posts)
doodleboo Thu 10-Sep-09 23:12:15

We have a big white fridge which is going to really stick out when we change our very small kitchen to an old fashioned french style thing (hopefully!)

I am considering painting it a duck egg blue or cream to make it a bit less modern - has anyone used appliance paint and how well did it work?

Thanks!

doodleboo Sun 13-Sep-09 23:31:48

bump!

paisleyleaf Sun 13-Sep-09 23:36:13

Wow it's not something that's occurred to me
(I'd thought about fablon). But I'd be interested to know how well it works too.

doodleboo Mon 14-Sep-09 20:40:58

I will try bumping now as it's not midnight!

BCNSback Mon 14-Sep-09 20:46:02

no idea.. but i bet car spray paint would work wonders if sprayed on well ( ie no drippy bits) and there maybe lots and lots more colours... can you still buy car spray paint?

SausageRocket Mon 14-Sep-09 20:50:19

I suspect like any repaining the key to a fab finish is LOTS of painstaking prep and lots of thin coats with light sanding in between.

doodleboo Mon 14-Sep-09 20:54:07

I suspect this too! It's never as easy as they say on the tin is it! I'm now trying to persuade DH to let me sell this one. It's too big for us and i hate knowing i am using only one drawer in the four drawer freezer! Anyone want to buy a fridge??

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now