Talk

Advanced search

work surfaces

(13 Posts)
alypaly Tue 08-Sep-09 10:46:08

Anyone wish they had never had the black high gloss work surfaces... Ithink i have doubled the amount of time i spend wiping things down.And they scratch so easily too

fanjolina Tue 08-Sep-09 11:09:42

had them once. never again!

now I have this stuff and love it.

alypaly Tue 08-Sep-09 11:14:39

sorry fanjo i dont open up links as some ultra kind(ha! ha!) person sent trojan virus to me on a link. What surfaces are they? Not that i dont trust you....but the virus cost me loads to get rid of IYGWIM

fanjolina Tue 08-Sep-09 16:17:14

It's Arenastone

somewhathorrified Tue 08-Sep-09 16:39:51

to keep a high gloss finish on surface wipe down with cloth, then wipe down with baby oil, makes things not stick and stops smears.

Piffle Tue 08-Sep-09 16:42:43

we have a not high glass Maia black ish work surface and I loathe it, shows scratches, never looks clean unless you buff it carefully
I wanted the grey one, but DP insisted angry
hte maia itself is excellent but the colour we chose was wrong!

somewhathorrified Tue 08-Sep-09 18:31:38

haha had a similar situation with DH's insistance on a cream carpet!

LyraSilvertongue Tue 08-Sep-09 18:52:54

Fanjola, that looks just like mine.

LyraSilvertongue Tue 08-Sep-09 18:54:07

You can get viruses from links? shock

alypaly Wed 09-Sep-09 18:46:19

LyraSilvertongue yes you can get viruses, the person that sent me one was on a dermatology chat and i opened a link and it let this malware virus into my computer which cause dall these pop ups to saty constantly on my screen. \It also said,computer under attack ,all you personal and bankin details are being taken. It frightened the living daylights out of me as I had to get a computer doctor to eradicate the virus. It infected all my files. So MN@s unless you trust the person dont open too many links because if you get the real trojan virus it is fatal for your computer

alypaly Wed 09-Sep-09 18:47:48

I have actually found the bast way to keep them shiny...its an E cloth but it still means i have to wipe and then buff them up...twice as much work as I hate smears

LyraSilvertongue Wed 09-Sep-09 18:56:17

That's scary alypaly.
I've got a Mac though and most viruses are written for PCs using Windows.

alypaly Wed 09-Sep-09 19:11:48

sorry about my typos...brain working faster, than fingers...shud check them before i send...
Yes mine is windows xp but a was told by my colleague who is computer know all ( hes brilliant) that this mock trojan virus is really difficult to eradicate.you have to know what you are doing ,to 'clean the computer'. It took him nearly all day

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now