Talk

Advanced search

People with useful (f)utility rooms - do you have a double sink? Or will a single sink do?

(9 Posts)
OliviaMumsnet (MNHQ) Mon 07-Sep-09 23:22:51

Currently redoing utility room and need to order sink pronto.
ATM we have a single sink, just big enough for a bowl for soaking weetabix clogged clothes etc and a draining board which tends to get covered in crap important bits and bobs.

Wondering whether a double sink'd be more useful and would love to hear pros and cons of double v single
TIA
Sorry, realise this is V dull so thanks for reading this far grinblush

OliviaMumsnet (MNHQ) Tue 08-Sep-09 11:25:44

Oh dear
Tis duller than I thought -
Anyone???

norktasticninja Tue 08-Sep-09 11:38:27

I don't have a futility room but I do have a double sink in the kitchen. It's a real boon!

I'd always go for a double over a single even if it meant having one of those funny ones with one normal sized sink and one mini sink.

norktasticninja Tue 08-Sep-09 11:39:31

Don't get a plastic one though, stainless steel or ceramic is far more practical.

Carrotfly Tue 08-Sep-09 11:41:42

I've got a belfast one. Its great. Big and roomy so holds loads of clothes, boots anything awaiting washing. And cleans up a treat !

MrsBadger Tue 08-Sep-09 11:43:32

yy a 1.5-bowl sink if not room for a big 2-bowl

frumpygrumpylovesPaolo Tue 08-Sep-09 11:46:14

I have a great big sink in my utility and a double in my kitchen. Our utility sink tends to be for clothes, filling buckets, washing trainers etc and I wouldn't need the double.

The kitchen sink is fab as a double because I can have a sink full of packed lunch boxes and still drain the pasta......... I must live a small life because things like this keep me going grin

WhereYouLeftIt Tue 08-Sep-09 21:07:02

I find one big Belfast sink does the job, loads of room to soak clothes, big enough for the grill pan too. Have never felt the need for another sink.

cuppateaplease Fri 11-Sep-09 14:52:59

agree with frumpy - doubles are for kitchens as there's always lots on the go in a kitchen and a single big one in utility room for soaking big stuff!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now