Talk

Advanced search

Help with colour scheme - please!

(4 Posts)
passionfruity Sat 05-Sep-09 08:18:24

Looking for some help deciding on a colour scheme for a much-needed redecoration of our open plan kitchen/dining/living room.

I'm thinking cream, turquoise and a splash of pink for the accessories, with our oak-coloured furniture/floor eg. cream sofa, turquoise rug, pink/turq cushions, cream dining chairs, perhaps a turq 'feature wall'...

Or what about YELLOW?! or GREEN? I like bright colours grin

Have been flicking through all the home magazines and am completely overwhelmed with all the options

missingtheaction Sat 05-Sep-09 08:30:08

horrible isn't it - the terrible realisation that choosing means choosing NOT to have some things that you really love.

Personally I would go pink/turquoise because they are much more flattering colours than green and yellow and I like them best. But really I would carry on dithering.

We built a 5-bed house from scratch and in the end I had all the walls painted white because I just didn't have the strength left to choose anything else. Looked good though!

noddyholder Sat 05-Sep-09 08:36:35

What is the kitchen like?Maybe get a huge coloured piece of art rather than a feature wall which is very dated already!Duck egg blue dark rose pink and ivory is stunning if done well.I have a space like that and it is grey white and red and it really works.Good luck with it

passionfruity Sat 05-Sep-09 18:59:23

Thanks for the thoughts. I like the sound of duck egg and rose pink but our home is v modern and I associate those colours with Victorian etc houses...oh, I need to buy a second home to fit in all the different colours smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now