Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Warm white colour for hall - any suggestions?

(18 Posts)
friendly Thu 03-Sep-09 22:45:47

It is currently a pale yellowy cream and very grubby. I want something fresher, lighter but not too cold. Can anyone suggest a colour to me. I love looking at paintcards but can never decide what to go for. I need an interior designer! Please help

cece Thu 03-Sep-09 22:46:40

I have had Dulux Natural Calico in my last three houses.

MrsSeanBean Thu 03-Sep-09 22:47:25

Dimity or Pointing (Farrow and Ball)...?
See here

brimfull Thu 03-Sep-09 22:47:29

yes was going to suggest natural calico

we have it as well

noddyholder Thu 03-Sep-09 22:48:22

B and q colours everywhere in Rice cake

Heated Thu 03-Sep-09 22:56:15

Natural calico here too, but a bloody pita in the hall, I almost miss the yellow and green striped wall-paper.

Rollmops Fri 04-Sep-09 14:55:37

Although I loooove Farrow&Ball, I wouldn't use it in the hall as it is not at all hard wearing and you'd end up fluffing about with zillion tester pots, weekly, to touch up all the nicks and scratches sad.
Dulux Heritage range has stones and creams - fabulous soft colours with the added Dulux durability

noddyholder Fri 04-Sep-09 15:02:08

b and q one is v matt and scrubbable which is a bonus!It is a really lovely F&B-esque colour

midnightexpress Fri 04-Sep-09 15:12:03

Have no advice, but am just marking my place - about to do our hall too (once we get the kitchen done...) and looking for something similar.

Rollmops, do you think that is also true of the F&B modern emulsion (the one with the more washable finish, and which I've just shelled out for for the kitchen...)

preggersplayspop Fri 04-Sep-09 15:13:58

Crown aged white is nice and probably quite durable.

Fired Earth White Mulberry is bloody gorgeous. I started with it in my bedroom and its spreading around the house like a virus. Changes colour depending on the light.

preggersplayspop Fri 04-Sep-09 15:15:15

Midnightexpress, I used a F&B modern emulsion in my kitchen and splashes wash off it no bother. I've been v happy with it.

pcworld Fri 04-Sep-09 20:53:58

I have F&B dimity walls in my front room, with the ceiling and woodwork in pointing - I recommend it. The room was verrry dark and drab when we moved in and these colours have made a huge difference. Dulux Jasmine White is a very good shade too, we have used this in ds's room. Also, I had an F&B emulsion in my old kitchen and it was fine, so agree with preggers.

toja555 Fri 04-Sep-09 22:03:33

To who has Natural Calico, does it look very creamy or more whitish? I also want kind of white, but not a paper sheet white... Calico looks more like beige in Dulux website, doesn't it?

cece Fri 04-Sep-09 22:43:04

It's not a yellowy cream. More of a beige white.

friendly Fri 04-Sep-09 23:23:18

Thanks everyone. Writing all these down and off to Homebase and B & Q in morning.

notimetoshop Fri 04-Sep-09 23:32:24

I lurked on here last year and discovered Timeless, I think Dulux. in their cream range. It is lovely.

Rollmops Sat 05-Sep-09 18:05:58

midnightexpress, sorry can't help you there, never used the modern emulsion. Do let us know how it fares smile

Fayrazzled Sat 05-Sep-09 18:05:59

I'd suggest F&B's pointing in the modern emulsion finish- it's washable so you can keep it nice and clean. Pointing is a lovely warm white so it's not too stark- I have it in my kitchen- and it's no problem wiping it down- even behind the cooker.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now