Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

wall stickers + toddler

(14 Posts)
Mammina Sat 29-Aug-09 17:03:24

am thinking of getting some to decorate my 3 year old's room - will she be able to easily pick them off?

mrsdisorganised Sun 30-Aug-09 11:04:50

Depends how destructive your child is!

I spent ages sticking lovely wall fairies on the girls wall, now some are legless, headless or just not there at all! The only things to survive were the ones on the ceiling, upper wall and glow in the dark stars also up high!
It was dd2 as she can never leave anything alone! She was about 3 at the time too.

nancy75 Sun 30-Aug-09 11:11:36

like mrsdisorganised says it depends on the child, we did dd's room when she was 3 and she didnt touch them (much to my suprise) you could always just put them round the top half of the wall just in case

HerHonesty Sun 30-Aug-09 11:33:15

have to say i have some for my dd on the wall but she is not walking yet. d godson (2.5) came in and the first thing he did was walk straight over and start picking at them so would put them high high up.

spinspinsugar Sun 30-Aug-09 11:34:11

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

thinkaboutthepepilepticdogs Sun 30-Aug-09 20:42:50

Just a word of warning - these make it impossible to decorate after they have been on the walls. We took some Disney ones down, but the adhesive would not come off the walls. I scrubbed, no difference! Tried sanding down the wall then painting, but the paint still won't take. In the end I had the cover the patches in Polyfilla to have a surface that could hold paint!! I would now only use them in a house if I was moving out before redecorating IYSWIM.

Mammina Mon 31-Aug-09 04:31:09

hmm very interesting, especially about redecorating, might think of an alternative...

movingnow Mon 31-Aug-09 06:57:49

DS had these, never tried to pick them off and when we moved after 5 years they peeled off really easily and left no marks.

spinspinsugar Mon 31-Aug-09 07:31:30

Mammina Wed 02-Sep-09 18:26:02

which brand did you use (the ones that left no mark)?

spinspinsugar Fri 04-Sep-09 11:33:04

RoryGilmore Fri 04-Sep-09 11:34:35

We have these ones and they're fantastic. DD can just about reach them now and isn't able to peel them off.

Just put them a bit high up so they're difficult to reach.

RoryGilmore Fri 04-Sep-09 11:37:17

oh, and ours don't mark the wall either - though if they did I would just suggest sanding the wall with rough paper to give it a 'key' and the paint should take.

LilTulip Fri 04-Sep-09 16:38:18

I have used stickers for DD's room and found that baby oil, remove's any sticky residue that may be left behind.
Also works for normal stickers (normal papery ones) Labels on jars and residue from sellotape. It dissolves the glue and leave's a great shine !!!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now