Talk

Advanced search

help me design my dining room and kitchen please

(5 Posts)
frazzled74 Fri 28-Aug-09 09:48:24

dining room leads off from galley kitchen so need them to co ordinate. I have chocolate brown carpet in dining room that has to stay and cream walls with feature wall duck egg blue. kitchen walls re duck egg blue, no flooring and white glossy units ,beech worktops. I have a chintzy, cath kidston look in both rooms that i want rid of.I need ideas for kitchen flooring (cheap) and new colour to replace duck egg blue. and any other ideas to create a calm, uncluttered ,stylish look(am dreaming now)

HerHonesty Fri 28-Aug-09 10:08:38

what about taupe/fawn in the dining area/feature walls. wood or laminate in the kitchen, giving you a clean look. slightly dull but you could accessorise easily with any colour you like. do you need new curtains/cushions.

somewhathorrified Fri 28-Aug-09 10:19:28

I always like chocolate with coffee for wall colours with deep red for soft furnishings. Mint green works well too...I find it's less about colour and more about tone, with a chocolate go with a light, fresh, almost pastel tones. Get your colour cards!

Cheap flooring for a kitchen...vinyl, try a textured tile effect they look less tacky than some of the others. If you use a laminate don't forget it needs to be a water resistant that states it's ok for kitchens (this hikes the price!).

frazzled74 Fri 28-Aug-09 12:43:26

I like the idea of red, am off to homebase for some colour charts.

noddyholder Fri 28-Aug-09 15:05:21

I have red and love it

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now