Talk

Advanced search

What colour should I paint my bedroom?

(8 Posts)
OtterInaSkoda Thu 27-Aug-09 13:51:37

I need some inspiration. Please don't ask me to look for inspiration from pictures or curtains or whatever that I have already because I've been trying to do this for three years and still haven't come up with anything!

We have a late-40s house and the room itself is east-facing, measuring about 4m x 3m.

There are hideous white, mirrored built-in wardrobes taking up one wall - these need to stay for now. I don't care tbh if my new colour scheme doesn't really go with them - I just need to escape the magnolia.

Sooo, radical or subdued I'm open to anything. If it turns out hideous I can always repaint. DP doesn't need to like it btw - This one is my call grin

Any suggestions?

GrendelsMum Thu 27-Aug-09 14:01:33

Pick your favourite duvet cover and paint the walls the second most dominant colour in that. e.g. duvet cover is mostly chocolate brown with mint green splashes, paint walls mint green

Or you can do the same thing with your curtains.

OtterInaSkoda Fri 28-Aug-09 15:08:44

GrendelsMum we have a silly amount of bedlinen (inherited my mum's - she had a bit of a linen fetish) but it is all white!
The curtains are a deep red colour, but tbh I don't really like them (the colour's fine but they were a make-do brought over from my old flat).

Looking for cheap curtains and throws now... grin

noddyholder Fri 28-Aug-09 15:18:11

I only have white bedlinen so then you can paint whatever!I have a mushroom colour on the walls amd natural linen curtains.There is one wall brick with a fireplace and built in wardrobes made from old reclaimed pine.Bedlinen white and we also squeezed in a sofa in an olive-y colour.It is very restful.With red curtains and white linen I would go for a deep grey on the walls white ceiling and get some white voiles to add to the curtains.then get a lovely snuggly checked throw in deep reds and greys and white lovely!

OtterInaSkoda Fri 28-Aug-09 15:30:13

noddy - thank you!
Your bedroom sounds lovely. Sadly my built-in wardrobes are melamine. They look like something my Sindy had in the mid-70s. Even so deep grey it is then I think. Will stop off at Homebase for match pots. I bet Argos has some deep red cushiony things, too. SO I needn't go to Ikea. Hurrah!

noddyholder Fri 28-Aug-09 16:04:07

Dulux do a colour called dusted moss in three depths which is lovely with red HTH.Lots of nic red cushions etc on ebay x

GrendelsMum Fri 28-Aug-09 16:17:36

Paint it this colour:

http://www.craigandrose.com/brands/1829/detail?colour=MOONSTONEG

OtterInaSkoda Fri 28-Aug-09 17:04:11

I love you both. Thank you

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now