Talk

Advanced search

Please tell me about your hallway/stairs.

(13 Posts)
RealityIsNOTDetoxing Thu 27-Aug-09 08:07:26

Message withdrawn

EleanoraBuntingCupcake Thu 27-Aug-09 08:14:08

i was with you right up to the superman poster - i am unable to work with that information!

RealityIsNOTDetoxing Thu 27-Aug-09 08:15:55

Message withdrawn

EleanoraBuntingCupcake Thu 27-Aug-09 08:16:13

lovely hall/stair runners

RealityIsNOTDetoxing Thu 27-Aug-09 08:18:22

Message withdrawn

pooka Thu 27-Aug-09 08:23:26

Roger Oates gorgeous but very expensive. DH and I are still reeling from the quote we got for a runner here - well 1 going up stairs with a right angle turn and 1 going up the next stairs with a 180 degree turn. But only about 30 steps in total.

We're going our hall and landing at the moment. BUt am afraid to say that I am feeling knackered (38wks pregnant) and pissed off with it to the extent that couldn't really be arsed to choose a "colour". So have gone for another off white. But the runner (if we can get over the shock and invest) would lift the room, and actually I think halls look best when they look bright and airy rather than deeply colourful. We'll add colour with art/pictures, treating walls as blank canvas (at least that's the plan, but will probably end up being blank canvas until forever).

EleanoraBuntingCupcake Thu 27-Aug-09 08:25:43

i got an end of line clearance bit for our hall. it is lovely. check out the clearance bit

EleanoraBuntingCupcake Thu 27-Aug-09 08:26:58

just realised that was teh clearance bit!

noddyholder Thu 27-Aug-09 08:41:03

Our hall has a dark grey ceramic floor with walls grey under the dado and stone white above.I have a huge grey white and orange retro lampshade and all white woodwork.The stair carpet is a mushroom coloured sisal really hardwearing and stays clean.All white woodwork and several large paintings.I have replaced the glass in the inner door with frosted tiny white stars.Quite plain but really nice too.Make a feature of lots of different coat hooks at different heights (car boot sales and ebay good for these)and maybe have a shelf for keys etc

Thandeka Thu 27-Aug-09 08:53:26

My friend has a stunning John Lewis stripey runner in her hallway she said it wasnt too expensive.

RealityIsNOTDetoxing Thu 27-Aug-09 09:18:39

Message withdrawn

FuckOffDailyMail Thu 27-Aug-09 10:30:52

You can get cheaper but very good stair runners from here.

Order samples through that website, but then buy from their ebay store, as for some reason that is cheaper.

GrendelsMum Thu 27-Aug-09 12:23:30

I'm trying to put in some shallow but tall and long cupboards in our hallway - the idea is that they'll come only about 40cm out from the wall, but will run all the way along the wall. The idea is that everyone will have their own space in the cupboard (a bit like a school coat rack), and bags, coats, shoes etc go IMMEDIATELY in the correct place in the cupboard, not on the floor.

Then we're planning to paint it stone grey (Earthborn Paw Print) but with a big door curtain made from some stripy Designers' Guild green, stone and blue velvet fabric I bought in the remnant sales. We have an oak floor too.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now