Talk

Advanced search

Anywhere apart from Ikea that I can buy a sofa from and pick up there and then?

(5 Posts)
fanjolina Wed 26-Aug-09 16:23:19

The sofa in the kids play area has fallen apart today. I need to replace it, and def need the new one in place by next Sat as it is DDs party then.

Most places I have been looking at specify 6-8 weeks for delivery. I know Ikea have sofas you can pick up on the day but would prefer to avoid a trip to Ikea in the holidays.

Is there anywhere else I can get a sofa from either immediately or with 1 week delivery?

HerHonesty Wed 26-Aug-09 19:00:52

argos? one of the other similar catalogues?
most shops at the moment have sale on display models which you can get there and then if you have the transport.
ikea on a bankholiday not worth it, even if you do have time for the meatballs.

fanjolina Wed 26-Aug-09 19:34:33

display model might be an option as I need to be able to try before I buy - thanks for the suggestion

HerHonesty Wed 26-Aug-09 22:21:05

also had this stored away but it is 2005

http://property.timesonline.co.uk/tol/lifeandstyle/property/interiors/article560618.ece

but worht asking all the major chains where their outlets are.

or have you thought about ebay?

fanjolina Wed 26-Aug-09 22:36:37

thanks for that link HerHonesty, although it won't load for me. The outlets is a really good idea - will look into that.

Am not keen on ebay as I want to check out the sofas for comfiness before purchase (due to bad experience in the past with awful uncomfy sofa purchase).

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now