Talk

Advanced search

How to paint a cot?

(5 Posts)
navyeyelasH Tue 25-Aug-09 23:03:10

DO I have to use special child friendly paint? Wood paint? Gloss? Am confused! And feeling very dumb sad

tethersend Tue 25-Aug-09 23:06:55

Have a look at this thread it may help smile

I was going to do it, and in the end found a black one to buy, which worked out better for me...

WriggleJiggle Tue 25-Aug-09 23:07:55

I painted mine with normal gloss paint. I found it very useful to be able to hose it down wipe it clean. Emulsion wouldn't be as good for that.
None of mine used to eat the wood though, if they had been chewers I may have decided to leave the wood unvarnished or painted.
If you wanted it coloured but not painted you could always wood stain it.

navyeyelasH Tue 25-Aug-09 23:17:50

ohh nice thread thanks tethersend. I only want white so am thinking maybe gloss them (need to do 2). I want to paint them as I'm buying second hand cots and can't get any that are the same so am thinking paiting them would make them more uniform.

pickyvic Wed 26-Aug-09 00:20:15

how to paint a cot...

you buy paint and apply with a brush! not many paints contain anything like lead these days so id say you can paint with anything. i had a second hand cot for DD and painted with gloss paint...she is 12 now and has survived! lol

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now