Talk

Advanced search

Help- Looking for family friendly places to live in Kent

(12 Posts)
kirstykoo Mon 24-Aug-09 18:04:57

Hi

My husband and I live in Birmingham and have 16 month old. We've both landed new jobs (he in London and I in Maidstone) and are now looking to move. My parents live in Canterbury but I'm looking for a nice place that is good for all of us. My husband will take the train.

Can anyone help with some good tips/advice. Both delighted at the news, but now overwhelmed with finding a place to live, nursery for the baby etc etc.

K

iceagethree Mon 24-Aug-09 18:09:35

Bromley?

nice schools, reasonable prices, good access to London, decent shopping centre, easy access to out of town, few play farms around and such

iceagethree Mon 24-Aug-09 18:12:07

but 45 min drive to maidstone and no idea what the rush hour is like

iceagethree Mon 24-Aug-09 18:12:36

why don't you just live in maidstone?

TheProfiteroleThief Mon 24-Aug-09 18:12:54

Are you looking to rent or buy - huge difference in house prices around the county.

If you are looking around Maidstone, I'd look at outlying villages.

Some q cool ecohouses in Coxheath - but q a villagey feel

TheProfiteroleThief Mon 24-Aug-09 18:15:05

coxheath.

bigchris Mon 24-Aug-09 18:15:23

i think it is very important tk live where one of you works so that the chikdcare can be near your home
so i'd live in or near Maidstone

eandh Mon 24-Aug-09 18:17:31

replied on your other thread with l;ots of ideas of places in and around MAidstone (personally I wouldnt live in certain bits of Coxheath although I do live about 10mins away from there grin)

doubleexpresso Tue 25-Aug-09 12:04:11

West Malling is very convenient and has reasonable range of services.

BonsoirAnna Tue 25-Aug-09 12:05:48

Frittenden or Sissinghurst (which has a fab primary school).

janmoomoo Tue 25-Aug-09 22:38:07

West Malling lovely. 20 mins drive to Maidstone (well, depending on traffic) and 50 mins on train to Victoria. Near M20 so 30/40 mins drive to Canterbury. A bit pricey but has held prices over the property slump.

Mamazon Tue 25-Aug-09 22:50:01

west malling. or so says DP who is from Bexley.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now