Talk

Advanced search

Please hold my hand (chat is too busy!) packers arrive tomorrow and I'm moving on Tuesday...

(5 Posts)
IWishMyHouseHadWheels Sun 23-Aug-09 19:20:19

I'm at work tomorrow (leaving dh in charge of the packers...not sure how that happened)

I have packed the following items to be hidden in the car so they don't get packed:

Clean bedding for all of us
Tea bags
Mugs
Cleaning stuff
Toilet roll
Soap
DVD (for dc)
Hand towel
PJ's for children

On the day I will put in toothbrushes and the kettle too! I've de-cluttered to the best of my ability (as a terrible hoarder). What have I forgotten**?

Oh and despite the move having been instigated by me (although dh has agreed and we're both very excited about the new house) it's ok for me to feel a bit sick and nervous isn't it?! Dh says not....<wibbles>

differentID Sun 23-Aug-09 19:21:48

Keep any and all paperwork handy in the car as well, just in case.

puffylovett Sun 23-Aug-09 21:34:45

yes it's fine to feel weak and wobbly, I felt the same when I put the house on the market the other day.

I would add milk and snacks for all to that list...

Good luck with your move smile

CMOTdibbler Sun 23-Aug-09 21:40:53

I'd add

Plate and bowl each
packet of cereal
knife/fork/spoon each

Two complete changes of clothes each
Deodorant/showergel/hairbrush

That way, you can get a takeaway for tea and eat it, and have breakfast. And be clean and changed in the mornings.

Nothing worse than desperatly going through stuff to find clean knickers your first morning in a new house

IWishMyHouseHadWheels Sun 23-Aug-09 21:57:01

Brilliant! Thanks, paperwork,change of clothes/wash stuff and breakfast stuff. Check!

smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now