Talk

Advanced search

Anyone managed to get a mortgage while on a probationary period in a job?

(4 Posts)
HolidaysQueen Thu 20-Aug-09 16:22:49

So DH and I have found the dream house, had offer accepted and are trying to sort out the mortgage.

We are basing our mortgage application on our current salaries.

DH starts a new job in Oct which has a 3 month probationary period. The job is significantly more money (percentage and £ increase) than he is on now.

We wanted to stay with our bank and just extend the mortgage we have. They were happy to do this in principle, our credit check is fine, we have a 30% deposit, we earn enough on current salaries to get what we need etc. But because he has a probationary period, they have turned us down

Does anyone know of any lenders who are happy to lend in the current market even if you have a probationary period in a new job? Anyone done this recently?

titchy Thu 20-Aug-09 16:34:55

Alliance and Leicester took my salary into consideration despite the fact that I'd started 3 weeks earlier and it was only a 9 month contract. They seem to be less rigid than others.

Rox73 Thu 20-Aug-09 16:43:45

My buyers applied for and got a mortgage with Abbey and she had just a started a new job.

HolidaysQueen Thu 20-Aug-09 16:59:31

thanks I guess we just need some hope that it is possible, rather than finding out that nobody will do it! So that has cheered me up, and we'll go and check A&L and Abbey out. Thanks!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now