Talk

Advanced search

Would I be mad to have pale worksurfaces in my new kitchen?

(12 Posts)
ADriedFrogForTheBursar Thu 20-Aug-09 05:42:42

I'm having painted wooden units. When I went to a worktop shop the woman there was saying how nice pale or even white worktops could look - I was dubious but when she held it up to a sample cupboard it did look great! I've got a long stretch of work surface (17ft) so it will make a big impact on the kitchen. I'm going for corian but I am not someone who immediately mops up every spill (am a slattern!) so will it stain? Anybody got any thoughts on the matter?! Thanks smile

wem Thu 20-Aug-09 07:23:50

I have white corian, it's ace! Doesn't stain at all. Very low maintenance

wem Thu 20-Aug-09 07:25:56

actually, it's not corian, but a similar composite material. Can't remember the name just now

ShrimpOnTheBarbie Thu 20-Aug-09 07:32:07

I hope you're not as I've just ordered very light 'quantum quartz' (which I think is a similar product) to go with my newly painted wooden units.

ADriedFrogForTheBursar Thu 20-Aug-09 08:08:19

Wem! Really? What about curry?!

wem Thu 20-Aug-09 08:10:26

curry, tomato sauce, red wine, all of it gone with a quick wipe

wem Thu 20-Aug-09 08:11:36

and I mean dried circles of red wine from the glasses left on the side

ChopsTheDuck Thu 20-Aug-09 08:11:51

shock I'd be amazed at a surface that didn't stain yellow from turmeric. I have black/blue effect worktops and they still get turmeric stained.

KristinaM Thu 20-Aug-09 08:12:07

my SIL had light coloured corian installed a year ago. it looks fab but IMHO is scratched quite badly

i have a 4m length of granite worktop and its lovely. you are right, teh worktops and floor make a big impact on teh kitchen

mine is dark but obviously you get light colours, though you may not like "pattern"

wem Thu 20-Aug-09 08:57:05

Just emailed DH at work to ask if he could remember what we have. Tis this in cloud white apparently.

Can't say I've rigorously tested it with turmeric. But have certainly cooked with it and I'm a fairly sloppy cook and no stains yet...

hambler Fri 21-Aug-09 02:39:27

It will look fab

ADriedFrogForTheBursar Fri 21-Aug-09 06:41:41

Oh I am tempted! Think I will borrow a door from the kitchen company and take it with me to the worktop place - and maybe some turmeric, see if they will put their money where their mouth is grin. Thanks for all the help smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now