Talk

Advanced search

Weird house viewing experience - who believes in ghosts?

(9 Posts)
dilemma456 Wed 19-Aug-09 11:57:05

Message withdrawn

AmazingBouncingFerret Wed 19-Aug-09 12:00:50

ooh spooky.
Ive never experienced anything but my Dad, back in the 60's was walking his dog when he came across an abandoned house so decided to investigate, when they both went up the stairs my dad said the temperature dropped and the dog was stood stock still growling at something. He said he had never moved so fast in his life!
Not as good as your story though im afraid!!

spinspinsugar Wed 19-Aug-09 13:10:47

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

Speckledeggy Wed 19-Aug-09 18:01:08

Could be that the previous owner's spirit is lingering. They don't always go straight away. An ex-boyfriend bought a house and everyone used to complain about his weird hallway. He phoned the woman's daughter and it turned out the previous owner had collapsed and died in the hall! Apparently, the lady loved roses so they had a little ceremony and planted some rose bushes in a corner of the garden for her. She went away after that.

Children and animals are highly sensitive. My Dad's cat did loads of weird things after he died - almost as if he knew my Dad was still there.

Funny this, we're buying a house where the owner died. Not sure if I want to know if it was in the house or not now!

dilemma456 Wed 19-Aug-09 20:53:03

Message withdrawn

Rindercella Wed 19-Aug-09 20:57:16

Ooh, that is spooky. What sort of age is your DD? Young children can apparently be quite intuitive about these things - once when my sister was about 3 yrs she wandered into the kitchen & casually asked our nother who the little old man was on the sofa. My mother nearly passed out I think!

Sorry to hear it's still upsetting your DD though.

purepurple Wed 19-Aug-09 21:06:54

I have viewed a few houses in the last few weeks. In one house I saw a face looking out of a downstairs window, as we walked away
The house was empty as the old lady had died.
It did spook me a bit.

Speckledeggy Wed 19-Aug-09 21:33:05

I'd just acknowledge what your daughter says. It's horrible being told not to be so silly when you're a kid especially when it seemed so real to her.

I've never seen anything myself but was deeply upset by something that happened to me last year. As I was lying in bed crying I felt someone stroking the back of my head. It was one of the strangest experience of my life but without doubt it was real. My friend who practices reiki says it was an angel. Mind you, I've only told her and my husband about it as I worry that everyone may think I'm crackers!

ouchitreallyhurts Fri 21-Aug-09 13:18:37

when we came to view what is now our home, our 2 year old walked into the coach-house with us and said "ooh, hello man!" while looking at the corner where the horses manger is.

the estate agent and I shifted out of there pretty quick but since we've lived here it just feels like a peaceful and happy home.

we also looked at one deep in the malvern hills that had been empty for a very long time and was quite dark, dd1 (who was then 16months) screamed the place down! she was hysterical and took hours to settle after we left.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now